The Bosch PSB 1800 is a lightweight drill that packs a punch. Fairly priced, strong and capable of drilling into many different material types, there are a number of reasons why the Bosch PSB 1800 is a serious contender on the Combi Drill market!
Whether a handyman looking for a tool to complete simple, smaller tasks when out working, or a homeowner looking for the perfect tool to have in your shed, that is always ready to complete some DIY – the Bosch PSB 1800 will help you get the job done! Priced at around £70 and with average ratings of 95% from reviews – what more could you ask for?
We have researched all the information that you could need to know before making your purchase so that you can be sure you are investing in a product that is right for you.
Only Got 5 Minutes?
If you are in a rush to find a tool that is right for you, then this part of the article is for you. Keep reading for all the information you could need about the Bosch PSB 1800.
All the main features that you need to know about before purchasing your very own Bosch PSB 1800 – and all in one place!
- Weight – Coming in at a low 1.2kg, this combi drill is most definitely on the lighter side of the spectrum. This means less fatigue when you are working and that it is a lot easier to get into tight spaces by holding the tool at more awkward angles. The only downside to a lighter weight is that it can feel as though there is less “umph” behind the device when you are trying to drill into tougher surfaces.
- 2x 1.5Ah batteries and charger – Battery life obviously depends on the job that you are completing, so it is hard to definitively say how long each battery will last for. However, with fast charging batteries (1 hour for a full charge), you can be sure that you will be able to continuously work with your tool until the job is done. Simply change the battery, put the old one on charge, and then swap again when needed.
- Plastic carry case and instruction manual – Bosch offer a good level of customer service, so although the instruction manual is thorough, you can be sure that if you have any problems they will be able to support you. The plastic carry case is sturdy, yet compact.
- Screwdriver bit – The Bosch PSB 1800 only comes with one screwdriver bit (however this will be fine for most tasks around the home). Although Bosch does offer a competitively priced Accessory Kit if one bit is not going to be enough for you!
- 2-year warranty (extended to 3 years if you register the product online) – The warranty will cover you for anything that goes wrong with your tool (providing no misuse has occurred). Plus the extended one year warranty makes this a longer warranty than a lot of similar models that are on the market.
- Syneon Chip technology – used to improve performance. Manages the voltage and currents that power the motor – leading to a long-lasting, highly efficient performance from your drill every time, regardless of the job you are completing.
Pros and Cons
Why we like the Bosch PSB 1800
- It is a hammer drill so can work through brick and many other masonry types
- It has a lot of power, so can be used by professionals and DIY enthusiasts alike
- Drill setting and also a hammer setting – making it a multifunctional tool
- Good value for money
- Long-lasting battery (and comes as standard with two!)
- Compact and easy to use
What could be improved upon
We struggled to find any negatives with the Bosch PSB 1800. However, if we had to be picky we would say that there is no side handle and no place to store additional drill bits – but this would then take away from the compact and light design that we love (you can’t have it all right?)!
How To Use The Bosch PSB 1800
A great feature of the Bosch PSB 1800 is that it is a relatively easy tool to use. We have compiled some of the main things that you need to know about using this handy device.
- The two gears are controlled by an adjustment ring. Fast speed is for drilling work and slow speed for screwdriving jobs.
- There are 20 torque settings which can be controlled using the larger adjustment ring
- Keyless chuck – simply click the bit that you want to use into place! This also saves time when working as you do not have to search for where you last left the key-chuck!
- LED Light – this can be used to light up surfaces if you are working in a dark or tight space.
- You will find a small switch above the trigger – this controls whether the bit is working in a forward or reverse motion
- Last but not least – the trigger, simply apply pressure to the trigger depending on how fast/how much power you want the bit end to have.
Frequently Asked Questions
The Bosch PSB 1800 comes with a screwdriver bit already. However, if this is the first Combi Drill that you have ever bought, and you are looking to use it for a variety of jobs, then we would recommend investing in the Accessory Set that goes with the tool. Offering 91 pieces, this will massively increase the number of jobs that you can complete with your tool – making it even better value for money.
The batteries that are offered with this tool are Lithium-Ion Batteries. This means they will last longer, charge faster, and are better quality than most standard batteries